Wednesday, June 15, 2011 | By: δοῦλος

Dear ___________

Dearest Chameleon,
I have greatly missed your presence over the years, I do not recall the last time we had actually taken time out of our schedules to see each other. Those days are long gone. You were the one who made the decision to end our friendship...unfortunately, it was quite gradual and subtle, and it would have been easier to just tell us that you no longer desired our company. However, I wanted to let you know that I never was angry over our loss of communication...just sad. We had been friends for so long, but these things do happen in life as people grow older and change. My sister and I went one direction on a path that was more straight and narrow while you ended up taking the more twisted path, popular among others our age. When we were young I remember staying in your home over the weekend and wishing that our parents would forget to pick us up for church. Ironically, now I would love to pick you up to come to church with me every weekend! There are reasons why the Lord had saved me later, but sometimes I just wish that I had that same desire for Him now back when we were kids. The life that you lead now just blows my mind away, I can see that you left innnocence behind years ago. The Lord has had this in His plans since the beginning, which is why I suppose I am gravely struggling with trusting in His sovereignty when I think about you. I think back to what I could have done to prevent this from happening in your life, but honestly, your will was never under my control. My prayer is that one day you would realize that a life without Christ is a life not worth living at all, because pursuing earthly pleasures is meaningless and will never truly satisfy. You know the gospel friend, now is always the best time to repent and put your faith in Him! I'm begging you to drop everything you have and run to the cross empty handed, coming to the Lord with nothing but a broken heart. I'm telling you this because I love you, and it would be a great joy to me knowing that you knew the Lord before Christ came or before you died, either one.
To God be the glory in all of this. Maranatha.
-The Grizzly Bear

0 comments:

Post a Comment