Thursday, May 23, 2013 | By: δοῦλος

He Quenched My Thirst


I cannot describe it plainly
It’s like a child sprinting from the waves
Or a sickness that engulfs the body vainly
It sends our souls to our graves

It’s like the shadows of yesterday are coming
And illusions attack you from behind
But the battle drums keep drumming
And the troops are all aligned

And their swords have been revealed
And my mind embraces new release
For the source of life is no longer concealed  
And the moans within have deceased

Now I’m jumping instead of running
And revitalizing all that was dead
This ink and paper that is beyond stunning!
My foes have now all fled!

There’s a sweetness in the air
I can taste that it is good
The fragrance is drifting from over there
I’d take you with me if I could!

But alas, this journey was destined for me,
Even if your bookshelf possesses the key...

0 comments:

Post a Comment